图文并茂的绘本《爱心树》,影响几代人,深受家长孩子喜爱
发布时间:2023-08-07 18:31:18 作者:读书人的精神家园 浏览量:933
Once there was a tree . . .
从前有一棵大树,
and she loved a little boy.
它喜欢上一个小男孩儿。
And every day the boy would come
男孩儿每天会跑到树下,
and he would gather her leaves
收集树叶
and make them into crowns and play king of the forest.
把树叶做成王冠,想像自己就是森林之王。
He would climb up her trunk
他也常常爬上树干,
and swing from her branches
在树枝上荡秋千,
and eat apples.
吃大树结的苹果。
And they would play hide-and-go-seek.
同大树捉迷藏。
when he was tired, he would sleep in her shade.
累了的时候,就在树阴里睡觉。
And the boy loved the tree . . .
小男孩儿爱这棵树……
very much.
非常非常爱它。
And the tree was happy.
大树非常快乐。
But time went by.
但是时光流逝。
And the boy grew older.
孩子逐渐长大。
And the tree was often alone.
大树常常感到孤寂。
Then one day the boy came to the tree
有一天男孩来看大树,
and the tree said, 'Come, Boy, come and climb
大树说:“来吧,孩子,
up my trunk and swing from my branches
爬到我身上来,在树枝上荡秋千,
and eat apples and play in my shade
吃几个苹果,再到阴凉里玩一会儿。
and be happy.'
你会很开心的!”
'I am too big to climb and play,' said the boy.
“我已经大了,不爱爬树玩儿了,” 孩子说,
'I want to buy things and have fun.
“我想买些好玩儿的东西。
I want some money.
我需要些钱,
Can you give me some money?'
你能给我一点儿钱吗?”
'I’m sorry,' said the tree, 'but I have no money.
“很抱歉,”大树说,“我没有钱,
I have only leaves and apples.
我只有树叶和苹果。
Take my apples, Boy, and sell them
把我的苹果拿去吧,孩子,把它们拿到城里卖掉,
in the city. Then you will have money
你就会有钱,
and you will be happy.'
就会开心了。”
And so the boy climbed up the
于是孩子爬上大树,
tree and gathered
摘下
her apples
树上的苹果,
and carried them away.
把它们拿走了。
And the tree was happy.
大树很快乐。
But the boy stayed away
但是孩子没有再来看望大树
for a long time . . .
过了很久很久……
and the tree was sad.
大树很难过。
And then one day
后来有一天,
the boy came back
男孩又来了,
and the tree shook with joy
大树高兴地摇晃着肢体,
and she said, 'Come, Boy,
对男孩说:“来吧,孩子,
climb up my trunk
爬到我的树干上,
and swing from my branches
在树枝上荡秋千,
and be happy.'
你会很开心的!”
'I am too busy to climb trees,' said the boy.
“我有很多事要做,没有时间爬树了。”男孩说,
'I want a house to keep me warm,' he said.
“我需要一幢房子保暖。”他接着说,
'I want a wife and I want children,
“我要娶个妻子,还要生好多孩子,
and so I need a house.
所以我需要一幢房子。
Can you give me a house?'
你能给我一幢房子吗?”
'I have no house,' said the tree.
“我没有房子,”大树说,
'The forest is my house,
“森林就是我的房子。
but you may cut off my branches
但是你可以把我的树枝砍下来,
and build a house.
拿去盖房。
Then you will be happy.'
你就会开心了。”
And so the boy cut off
于是男孩砍掉了
her branches
大树的树枝
and carried them away
把它们拿走
to build his house.
去建了自己的房子。
And the tree was happy.
大树很开心。
But the boy stayed away
但是孩子没有再来看望大树,
for a long time.
过了很久很久……
And when he came back,
有一天他回来了
the tree was so happy
大树非常高兴
she could hardly speak.
高兴的几乎说不出话来。
'Come, Boy,' she whispered,
“来吧,孩子,”她轻声说道,
'come and play.'
“过来玩耍。”
'I am too old and sad to play,' said the boy.
“我又老又悲伤,已经不想玩了。”男孩说。
'I want a boat that will
“我想要一条小船
take me far away
带我去远方
from here.
离开这个地方。
Can you give me a boat?'
你能给我一条小船吗?”
'Cut down my trunk
“把我的树干砍掉
and make a boat,' said the tree.
用它做船吧,”大树说,
'Then you can sail away…
“这样你就可以航行到远处去……
and be happy.'
你就会开心了。”
And so the boy cut down her trunk
于是孩子把树干砍掉了,
and made a boat and sailed away.
做了一条小船,驶走了。
And the tree was happy . . .
大树很快乐,
but not really.
但是心坎里却有些……
And after a long time
又过了很久,
the boy came back again,
这个孩子又来了,
'I am sorry, Boy,'
“非常抱歉,孩子,”
said the tree, 'but I have nothing
大树说,“我没有什么
left to give you-
可以给你的了。
My apples are gone.'
我没有苹果了。”
'My teeth are too weak
“我的牙齿已经老化,
for apples,' said the boy.
吃不动苹果了,”孩子说。
'My branches are gone,'
“我没有枝条了,”
said the tree. 'You
大树说,
cannot swing on them-'
“你没法在上面荡秋千了——”
'I am too old to swing
“我太老了,不能在上面再荡秋千了,”
on branches,' said the boy.
孩子说。
'My trunk is gone,' said the tree.
“我也没有树干了,”大树说,
'You cannot climb-'
“不能让你爬上去玩耍了——”
'I am too tired to climb,' said the boy.
“我太疲倦了,爬不上去了,”孩子说。
'I am sorry,' sighed the tree.
“真是抱歉,”大树叹了口气,
'I wish that I could
“我希望还能
give you something…
给你点儿什么东西……
but I have nothing left. I am just
但是我什么都没有了。
an old stump. I am sorry…'
我现在只是个老树墩,真是抱歉……”
'I don’t need very much now,'
“我现在需要的实在不多,”
said the boy,
孩子说,
'just a quiet place to sit and rest.
“只想找个安静的地方坐坐,好好休息。
I am very tired.'
我太累了。”
'Well,' said the tree,
“那好吧,”大树说,
straightening herself up
她把身子挺高
as much as she could,
竭尽所能地
'Well, an old stump is good
“你看,我这个老树墩,
for sitting and resting.
正好叫你坐在上面休息。
Come, Boy, sit down.
来吧,孩子,坐下吧。
Sit down and rest.'
坐在我身上休息吧。”
And the boy did.
于是孩子坐下了。
And the tree was happy.
大树很快乐。
收藏